funsec mailing list archives

Re: House staffer accidentally leaks ethics document usinghome P2P software

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:39:24 -0000

:-D)))))))))))))

--
David Harley BA CISSP FBCS CITP
Director of Malware Intelligence, ESET

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org
[mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org] On Behalf Of Rob,
grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah
Sent: 30 October 2009 19:08
To: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] House staffer accidentally leaks ethics
document usinghome P2P software

Date sent:            Fri, 30 Oct 2009 07:28:57 -0400
From:                 Larry Seltzer <larry () larryseltzer com>

"...the use
of peer-to-peer file sharing software on the personal computer of a
junior staffer, who is no longer employed by the committee, while
working from home."

Well, yes this seems to be accidental.  David will know why
my thoughts immediately went to the case of an author who
deliberately and knowingly turned in a plagiarised book
chapter ... on ethics ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
When a subject becomes totally obsolete we make it a required
course.                                              - Peter Drucker
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade