funsec mailing list archives

Re: Rethinking FUNSEC

From: Robert Graham <robert_david_graham () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:42:52 -0800 (PST)

I just looked back to my oldest funsec postings: god I was
a cranky prick!

If there was one piece of advice I could give young people, this would be it.

"You know people a few years younger than you seem like immature pricks? Well, in a few years, you are going to think
people the age you are now are immature pricks. Remember this when you post things online: it all gets archived, but
people can't tell the difference between the immature prick you were then and the thoughtful mature person you are now."

In any event, I estimate that the age of 30 to 35 is the low point. After that, you start trying to piss off people
again. I'm getting worse as I get older.