funsec mailing list archives

Re: Good, bad or indifferent?

From: phester <funsec () armorfirewall com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 02:01:56 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Dave Dennis wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Thomas Raef wrote:

Right. Is this sounding like "big-brother"?

To me not in the least.  Its sounding like finally at long last some sort of end
to the wild west where any idiot can keep shooting his attacks anywhere he wants
without accountability for his actions.

But of course, thats not the only point of view, and many will agree it is big
brotherism.

Is it more important to allow open access to all, regardless of their malicious
(unwitting, but come on) actions ?

"Malicious" is a state of mind. I haven't seen traffic analysis tools that
can read minds.

Are you advocating that my providers should shut off my connection every
time I pen-test one of my other servers?