funsec mailing list archives

Re: Apple has a new toy

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 04:41:51 -0800

chaim.rieger () gmail com kirjoitti:
iPad -- for all your heavy data flow needs.

Since the biggest one only has 64Gig, I'm waiting for the iPad Maxi.

Or, the one with the enhanced battery so you can take in on longer flights, iPad
with Wings.

iPad: the new Newton.

Everyone has been complaining that there is no camera on the iPad.  However,
having hacked into Apple's research system (it wasn't hard), I've found out why.
The iPad *will* have a camera.  In fact, the hardware is in place right now.
Remember, the iPad has a speaker.  And, being a pad, the screen is touch sensitive.
 Apple is simply working on the final refinements to its high-res sonar software.
Then it'll be released as an upgrade, which exisitng iPad owners will all have to pay
for.  Not only pictures and video, but 3D.  (And if you think AT&T is going to
have difficulty handling the iPad traffic now, just wait for the meltdown you'll see
with 3D videoconferencing.  And the various pr0n variations on that.)  And,
taking a page from Jobs reality distortion field, it'll be easy to do false colour
overlays.  Camera?  Who needs one?

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak
up because I wasn't a Communist.  Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.  They came for the
trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade
unionist.  Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak
up because I was a Protestant.  Then they came for me, and by
that time no one was left to speak up.           - Martin Neimoeller
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade