funsec mailing list archives

Re: FBI embeds cyber-investigators in Ukraine and Estonia

From: Bruce Ediger <bediger () stratigery com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 12:53:45 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010, Juha-Matti Laurio wrote:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/190837/fbi_embeds_cyberinvestigators_in_ukraine_estonia.html

"Hoping to catch cybercrooks, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has begun embedding agents
with law enforcement agencies in Estonia, the Ukraine and the Netherlands.

I saw this, too.  I have to note that the FBI sent 1 (one) agent to
those 3 countries, and left the 1 (one) agent they had in Romania, there.

What good can 1 (one) agent do?  If the answer is "a lot and here's what...",
then why do they have so dern many agents in big cities in the USA?

If the answer is "not much", then why bother?

Something else is afoot here...