funsec mailing list archives

Re: Miller, Pwn2Own's winner tells Apple, Microsoft to find their own bugs

From: disco jonny <discojonny () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:47:37 +0100

its quite simple - they find vulns x, y, z, in app 1 then when they
release a pacth for vulns a, b, c (all reported to them from outside
sources) then they also fix xyz. - see my previous two mails.

The main reason (in my humble opinion and in no way microsofts - well
it might be i dont know) is that publishing the bugs you find yourself
with your in house testing reveals the way you test, and what you
do/dont test for. - a lot of companies do not publish this info for
this very reason.  i see no reason why it is bad or suspicious
behaviour. - i guess it is the sensationalist in you that wants to
believe that they have not found a bug themselves for a year and a
half.

anyway, go reverse some patches and see.