funsec mailing list archives

I would like to be the first to welcome our new masters...

From: phester <funsec () armorfirewall com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 04:39:44 -0400 (EDT)

http://cryptome.org/0001/fcc051110.htm

SUMMARY: This document seeks comment on whether the Commission should
establish a voluntary program under which participating communications
service providers would be certified by the FCC or a yet to be determined
third party entity for their adherence to a set of cyber security
objectives and/or practices. The Commission also seeks comment on other
actions it should take, if any, to improve cyber security and to improve
education on cyber security issues. The Commission's goals in this
proceeding are to increase the security of the nation's broadband
infrastructure, promote a culture of more vigilant cyber security among
participants in the market for communications services, and offer end
users more complete information about their communication service
providers' cyber security practices.