funsec mailing list archives

Re: I would like to be the first to welcome our new masters...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:27:18 -0400

On Fri, 14 May 2010 04:39:44 EDT, phester said:

http://cryptome.org/0001/fcc051110.htm

SUMMARY: This document seeks comment on whether the Commission should
establish a voluntary program under which participating communications
service providers would be certified

Except that by and large, it isn't the service providers that have the
security issues. How about we put certifications where they *matter*:

1) Certify the security of *customers* and *web hosting* companies.

2) Certify the provider's ability/willingness to *cut off abusive customers*.