funsec mailing list archives

Re: Facebook etiqutette query ...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 20:50:59 -0400

On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:53:12 -0800, "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" said:
To depart from the topic of privacy, momentarily, I note that it has recently

become fashionable to create a Facebook "group" in memory of some departed
loved one.

Which raises the question:

am I supposed to be a "fan" of the fact that someone I knew died?

or am I supposed to "like" the fact that a friend has died?

Even more confusing - you have to 'like' it before you can post your
"this sucks more than Windows ME" comment.