funsec mailing list archives

Re: But Facebook are not spammers - here's a screenshot

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:43:14 -0400 (EDT)

By "unsolicited" we don't really mean "any mail that is not in
response to an explicit request for a reply"; we really mean
something more like "any mail that is not part of an ongoing
conversation", or something like that.

Not even; there are some cases in which solicitedness can be implicit.
For example, mail to postmaster@ about some externally visible
mail-system problem directly related to the domain or host to which the
postmaster mail was directed counts as solicited to me.  Similar
remarks, mutatis mutandis, apply to other standard role local-parts,
such as abuse@ and webmaster@.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org