funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.A.E. Declares BlackBerry a Security Risk

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:16:02 -0400 (EDT)

I'm reminded of a past workplace.  [...crackberry...]
I would have expected giving one's login password to someone outside
the company would be a firing offense, but apparently it's OK when
the "someone" in question is RIM.  I've never quite understood why.

Maybe the answer is something similar to or between the lines:

"Change company, now!"

Well yes, there is that.  I did say a *past* workplace; if memory
serves, that was the same company where they found a keylogger on the
head accountant's machine - and just removed it and considered it done;
in particular, they kept running Windows, they didn't do any "how did
this happen and how can we keep it from happening again" investigation,
they didn't do very much of anything in consequence.

You can guess, maybe, why I'm not naming the company. :)

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org