funsec mailing list archives

TSA doesn't *want* your cooperation?

From: Robert Slade <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 03:07:40 -0800

Amidst the furor over the "enhanced screening," I missed this one until I caught up on a back issue of the RISKS-Forum
Digest:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Passenger-Chooses-Strip-Down-Over-Pat-Down-109872589.html

"When a San Diego man opted out of security screening using the Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) at Lindbergh Field
Friday, he stripped down to his underwear in an attempt to avoid the pat-down procedures."

"Wolanyk was arrested for refusing to complete the security process" even though he didn't refuse.

More troubling is the fact that "A woman, identified by Harbor police as Danielle Kelli Hayman,39, of San Diego was
detained for recording the incident on a phone."

rslade () computercrime org  slade () victoria tc ca  rslade () vcn bc ca
"If you do buy a computer, don't turn it on."     - Richards' 2nd Law