funsec mailing list archives

Re: Why I no longer Jailbreak my IPhone

From: "Peter Evans" <peter () ixp jp>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 00:37:29 +0900

On Behalf Of Joel Esler
Okay, I'll play the other side.
My phone is my everything (obviously except payment system)

I eliminated carrying three or four devices for my iPhone. It's my phone, my
mp3 player, my movie player, my gps device, my email system, my note
taking system, my calendar, my to do list, etc

        I guess I must be weird. I don't need a portable music player.

        I also don't need a GPS, I can get around Tokyo just fine without. This might be a benefit of
        of living in Gigantic Tokyo, you might live somewhere where you can see nothing for more than oh,
        50 meters or so!

        I have a notepad (yes, REAL DEAD TREES! I bet no one remembers those!) And a pencil,
        It allows me more creative freedom than trying to use a phone for that. But it's only black-and-white
        and doesn't work when wet ^^;

        Far be it from me to proselytise but I think portable music players and rubbish like that are
        contributing to the downfall of society. No one talks to anyone any more, they are either
        too busy masturbating their phone or in a walk-coma oblivious to their surroundings.

        As a quick experiment, for those that don't commute in a car (or by bike), look around you
        and see how many phone-masturbators or comatose introverts you can see as a percentage of
        those around you.

        For me, it would be typically (I don't start commuting until next week) something like the nearest
        20 people, say within 3m or so,  11 would be having phonegasms and 3 or 4 comatose.

        Note, most cyclists are in walk-comas too, there IS a god of "people too stupid to live" and he protects
        Japanese cyclists. His name is "The Anti-Darwin". <rant, rave etc about how stupid Japanese cyclists are.>

Oh yeah, and I can make a phone call on it too.

        Now you're just being ridiculous.