funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: [Infowarrior] - WH draft bill expands DHS cyber responsibilities

From: "Peter Evans" <peter () ixp jp>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:50:40 +0900

What fun it must be to be American! I'm glad I'm not, I'd be locked up for thought-crime.

http://federalnewsradio.com/index.php?nid=35&sid=2345684

DHS oversees all civilian cybersecurity

This sounds like a recipe for a Dr. Seuss rhyme, DHS to become MINITRU next.

The bill exempts national security and DoD systems from DHS oversight.

That's very telling. Clearly they plus-un-trust their own department.
Not to mention that there would be a big fight if they did.

"We don't trust DHS with stuff that matters, but you, dear proles, do not matter. Enjoy DHS oversight."

Where's Harry Tuttle when you need him?