funsec mailing list archives

Don't Toews Me, Bro

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:22:13 -0800

Here in Canada, our federal government (officially known as the Government of
Canada, then, by government fiat, as the "New Government of Canada," then ...
well, never mind) has introduced a new bill, to allow for wiretapping and
surveillance without a warrant.

Some people object to this.

Our Minister for Public Safety (that title keeps bringing 1984 to mind, for some
reason), Vic Toews, has stated that any critics of the proposed bill are just like,
and on the side of, child pornographers.

In response, a new hashtag has been created on Twitter, #TellVicEverything

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23TellVicEverything

If you mess with Canadians, they will sarcasm you to death.

(The subject line?  Well, Toews is pronounced like "taves.")

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
One day, the world would hear from Wobbler Johnson--probably via
a phone-line it didn't know was connected to its computer.
                      - `Only You Can Save Mankind,' Terry Pratchett
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade