funsec mailing list archives

Bit late, aren't they?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:27:25 -0800

Date sent:              Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:22:13 +0000
Subject:                [DNB] CIA Hunts For Malware In Binary Code

Title: CIA Hunts For Malware In Binary Code
Source: InformationWeek

'....The CIA is investing in security technology that analyzes
application code at the binary level to help identify anomalies that
might indicate the presence of malware......'

To read the complete article see:
http://www.informationweek.com/news/government/security/232601019
http://www.iqt.org/news-and-press/press-releases/2012/reversinglabs.html

Lessee, now, was it ThunderByte that did the first of the old style heurisitc
scanners?  Very early 90s, if I recall, but I'd have to check my archives to be sure

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
[In the Anglican Church] whether or not one believes in God tends
to be sidestepped.  It's not quite in good taste.  Someone said
that the Church of England is so constituted that its members can
really believe anything at all, but of course almost none of them
do.                                                   - Alan Bennett
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade