funsec mailing list archives

Re: Citizen cyber-protectors?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 22:01:48 +0100 (BST)

Unfortunately, pretty much all the people telling folks that "security is
important" have a vested interest.

That's one of the reasons why "security education" doesn't work.

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 valdis.kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:43:16 +0100, Drsolly said:
What, even if loads of beetle-sellers told you how important it is?

I usually disregard any advice regarding how important *anything* is
until I've also heard it from somebody who doesn't have a vested interest
in my believing it's important.