funsec mailing list archives

Re: Twinkipocalypse averted

From: Dan White <dwhite () olp net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:10:42 -0600

Date sent:              Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:10:14 -0800
From:                   Steve Pirk <pirkster () gmail com>

Maybe a dozen total when I was knee high to an ant, but they were "uncool"
by junior high. Most of us figured out how unhealthy they were by '76 :-)

They are featured in the movie "The Iron Giant," which is set in the fifties.  The
kid eating them is "augmenting" the filling with one of those spray cans of
whipped "topping"  :-)

This discussion jogged an old memory. I recall in the 3rd or 4th ('83 or
'84) grade we would get a trip down to the computer lab once a week to get
some hands on time with the computers (TRS-80s). The two things that stand
out in my mind is playing a Whale typing game, where you had to learn to
type faster before getting swallowed, and the other was an adventure game
where you ate a Twinkie. The name of that game has longed escaped by memory
however.

--
Dan White