funsec mailing list archives

Re: 2013 predictions...

From: Dan White <dwhite () olp net>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 12:25:50 -0600

On 12/08/12 13:20 +1300, Nick FitzGerald wrote:
Hi all,

I just hope that I'm not already too late to be the fiirst person to
predict that 2013 will be _the_ year of mobile malware...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

Mobile offers homogeneous targets, but also targets which can be fixed,
overnight, by vendors with deep pockets.

I predict more-of-the-same for 2013, but with a more litigious slant. As
attacks are ever more directed and focused in nature, users will start to
view their vendors as culpable.
--
Dan White