funsec mailing list archives

This is [phishing] news?!?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:56:16 -0800

We seem to be missing the boat on security awareness of phishing attacks: it's not
just for bank and credit card accounts anymore.  This article notes the "DHL,"
"tax refund," and similar queries.  I would have thought these were obvious, but
they seem to be the most successful ways to get spear phishing and APT
information.

http://www.spamfighter.com/News-17970-List-of-Malicious-Phishing-Terms-
Shows-that-Express-Shipping-Tools-Tops-It.htm

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
The size of the email disclaimer should never exceed the original
content.                 - A. P. Peterson's Law of Email Disclaimers
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade