funsec mailing list archives

Re: FBI wants your malware

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 20:44:07 +0000

Seriously?  The Feds can't just use the existing repositories like the rest of us do?  How about an agent actually
befriends *US*, and we can help them along just like we help each other along...

 No, instead they want us to package everything up in a nice little bow and hand it to them....

Wow.... just wow....

Oh, and WTF are they going to do with it?  I honestly don't trust them... ok, *them* as the general sense, I know a few
"government workers" and they're all really nice folks and many I call friends, this I will admit freely, without
payment, and under oath.

 Conspiracy theories start your engines as to what they'll be doing with them, aside from regular research like the lot
of us perform for ourselves or our companies....

LOL... I guess that rant just got me a few notches higher on their watch list.... bwhahahaha

Michael P. Blanchard
Principal Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Cyber Security Services
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772