funsec mailing list archives

OK, who's brave enough to take the xkcd survey? :-)

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 11:42:27 -0700

http://xkcd.com/1572/

Who is paranoid enough to think the xkcd is going to be using the responses for
marketing purposes?  (How?)

Who is paranoid enough to think that the NSA has hacked the xkcd site and is
using this data to fine tune targetted surveillance?  (How?)

Who is paranoid enough to think that simply by making you read this (plain text,
unless the mailer system has messaed with it) email I have dropped remote access
software onto your system, and now control it?

(Who thinks Google is reasonably cool for having every form provide a message
that you shouldn't submit any passwords via Google forms?)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
I have to stop saying `How stupid can you be.' I think people are
starting to take it as a challenge.
         - https://twitter.com/SciencePorn/status/496073797523755009
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/