funsec mailing list archives

Re: OK, who's brave enough to take the xkcd survey? :-)

From: Steve Pirk <pirkster () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 12:46:09 -0700

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &
Hannah <rmslade () shaw ca> wrote:

http://xkcd.com/1572/

Who is paranoid enough to think the xkcd is going to be using the
marketing purposes?  (How?)

If the data is public, someone will find a way to find a marketable
pattern in there somewhere... (like people who have never jumped out of a
plane don't like eggplant or something  :)

Who is paranoid enough to think that the NSA has hacked the xkcd site and
is
using this data to fine tune targetted surveillance?  (How?)

There were a few location giveaway type questions... "what is the weather
like now?" Does it snow? If the NSA has hacked the site, then they have all
of the submission data from (their) Google form... Does Google forms
include IP data?

Who is paranoid enough to think that simply by making you read this (plain
text,
unless the mailer system has messaed with it) email I have dropped remote
access
software onto your system, and now control it?

Possibly paranoid enough, but I will admit I relied on gmail filtering and
my read-only Chromebook to do most of my email protection ;-\

(Who thinks Google is reasonably cool for having every form provide a
message
that you shouldn't submit any passwords via Google forms?)

I'll give them points for that, but I still think they cooperate with the
puppet masters a bit too much. I mean come on... look at their new name...
Alphabet? (Yeah, we aren't just another alphabet agency, we are *the*
alphabet agency...)
Their new domain name says a lot about them  abc.xyz Seriously? They just
"decided" to create a new TLD?
"We now control and own everything from abc to xyz." Sounds a lot like the
NSA's drive to "Know it all and collect it all"