funsec mailing list archives

Re: John McAfee running for US pres

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:49:06 -0400

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 06:53:00PM +0000, Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec) wrote:
Global Warming.... hmmmm, my answer depends upon a follow up question's answer.... do you mean global warming in
general or that people have had anything to do with it?

Yes, there are morons who are so appallingly stupid and so profoundly
ignorant that they think the solar system isn't heliocentric, that the
earth isn't an oblate spheroid, and that global warming isn't in large
measure driven by human activity.  There is no reasoning with such inferior
primates: they lack the scientific literacy required to comprehend the
data and/or its implications, and would instead prefer to assert that nearly
all of the world's climatologists are either (a) wrong or (b) engaged
in a vast sinister conspiracy.

Here are some examples of this particular variety of idiot:

        Republicans are becoming the party of climate supervillains

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2015/sep/14/republicans-are-becoming-the-party-of-climate-supervillains?CMP=edit_2221

Were this not an existential crisis in the making, I would find some
pity in my heart for those tasked with getting through life equipped
with such obviously-defective intellects.  But since it is, I have only
sneering contempt.

---rsk