Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Need your helping defining honeypots

From: "Rick Hayes" <rhayes () vicor com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:51:57 -0400

I prefer statement #1.   It seems that the person having a "reason to
believe they are unauthorized" implies that they there is the
possibility that they are authorized.  It seems obvious that no one
should be accessing a honeypot and any access is considered
unauthorized. One could think that because the server is running apache
or sendmail that they are authorized to use it.  Especially, if it is
attached to the Internet.