Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Need your helping defining honeypots

From: "Bernie, CTA" <cta () hcsin net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:19:45 -0400

The way I define and have utilize honeypots is as follows:

A honeypot is an autonomous system security threat containment and
auditing resource designed to surreptitiously intercept, record, and
insulate an attacker's actions from production environment. Intelligence
gathered from Honeypots can be analyzed to develop and enhance system
security safeguards and attack countermeasures, to better
protect the production environment.