Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Distribution Choice

From: Richard Stevens <mail () richardstevens de>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 00:22:15 +0200

Hi,

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 23:56, Erik S. Johansen wrote:
I'd definitely suggest gentoo. It's a very barebone install, which you add
only your choice of software too. Although it takes a little time to
install, it's simple to customize, and it offers a quite wide range of
kernels within the package system.

I'm using Gentoo on my desktop and I thought about using it on my Firewall,
too but what kept me from doing so is that preferably I'd like to not have
any development tools on that system.

Is there a way to use Gentoo without having devel tools installed? If so, do
you have a link to further reading about that.

I always thought just about anything depends on development tools.

Thanks,

Richard