Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Windows SEBEK 3.0.3 Issues

From: "Castigliola, Angelo" <ACastigliola () unumprovident com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:28:58 -0500

I have also experience this problem after installing Sebek on Windows
2003. The system was unusable. I downgraded my Windows honeypot to
Windows 2000 due to the lack of known remote exploits for Windows 2003,
thus never resolving the problem for Sebek on Windows 2003.

I probably will install Sebek on my Windows 2000 honeypot depending on
the feed back from the list. I'm a little nervous to install it on a new
Windows honeypot recently deployed due to my past experience.

Angelo Castigliola III
Enterprise Security Architecture
UnumProvident