Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: More rootkit defense

From: Phil Stracchino <alaric () BABCOM COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:48:13 -0800

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 05:42:43PM -0500, Dan Sullivan wrote:
Greetings:

The sysfiles.pl attachment was filtered by my Agency's email perimeter (it was to
be an executable program -- of all things!).  Could you please send it to me under
a slightly differed guise -- for example without the ".pl" suffix.

Thanks,

Dan Sullivan
Lockheed Martin
Primary Contractor for the U.S. EPA

You're not the only person to have this problem.  I got one two-page
automated rejection message in Polish, which I unfortunately couldn't
understand a word of, but was able to deduce the general content of after
others started trickling in.

I have therefore made both attachments available via http:

        http://www.babcom.com/security/sysfiles.pl
        http://www.babcom.com/security/realpath.tar.gz

--
 Linux Now!   ..........Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.
 phil stracchino   --   the renaissance man   --   mystic zen biker geek