Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Determining the country of orgin for IP address(es)

From: Mally Mclane <mally () ripe net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:44:16 +0100

hi,

On 26/2/02 21:00, "Neil Dickey" <neil () geol niu edu> wrote:

"Brian Nichols" <Brian_Nichols () dcecu org> wrote asking:

I initially understood, please correct me if I am wrong, that when IPS
were originally given out there was a number scheme in regards to
countries. If so, is there a huge check/cross listing?

This is the source I use:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space

It is updated from time to time, especially with respect to the "black
hole" addresses, so it's a good idea to bookmark the page and check it
from time to time.

Yup, its the offical place. Everytime we/ARIN/APNIC get a /8, this is
updated. You may also find it useful to subscribe to the lists provided by
the RIPE NCC/APNIC/ARIN, where they also get announced.

Cheers,

Mally Mclane
RIPE NCC Operations

Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.