Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: strange windows behaviour.

From: Tomasz Papszun <tomek-incid () lodz tpsa pl>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:49:48 +0200

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 at 11:49:33 -0400, J Mike Rollins wrote:

The rundll32 path\to\the\trojan.dll,Uninstall does seem to remove the
entries from the registry.  However, the stream is still on the system.
Something like, "echo A > C:\path\to:trojan.dll" will clobber it.

A comment on how to un-install this is in the comments of the program.
Along with a bunch of other interesting text.
I have posted the strings from the trojan on a web page:

      http://www.wfu.edu/~rollins/trojan.txt

However, I am not sure that I feel safe after un-installing it this way.
If this is a backdoor program, who knows what else might have been done to
the system.