Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: DNS CACHE POISONING? - Our Portal is redirecting to our first competition

From: "Boaz Shunami" <BoazS () comsecglobal com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:53:34 +0200

Hi

Some questions you need to ask yourself.

Maybe one of the proxy servers got poisoned and not the DNS server?

Maybe it's a HTTP Response Splitting attack?

We have seen a similar issue awhile ago and it was caused by a mistake of a developer and not by malicious activity...

Is it from several different locations or from a single location? Try to reach your site using web proxies and see if
you still get the same problem so you know for sure the problem is on your servers.

Do you have any substantial evidence as to who has done it?

Best Regards,

Boaz Shunami

Comsec Consulting