Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DNS CACHE POISONING? - Our Portal is redirecting to our first competition

From: "Eduardo Tongson" <propolice () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:49:59 +0800

Yes I agree that this is the only option when you do not have the
resources or skills to investigate thoroughly.

   Ed <http://blog.eonsec.com>

On Jan 31, 2008 2:15 AM, Jason Stelzer <jason.stelzer () gmail com> wrote:
All bets are off because there is no way to conclusively prove that a
compromise stopped at a certain point. Best practice dictates that you
reimage the box[1]. The issue really is that nobody has complete
knowledge of everything. Any number of as yet unreported exploits
could have been used to elevate privileges for example. I'll go out on
a limb and claim that various blackhat communities know of exploits
that vendors and admins are as yet unaware of.