Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on California: technology reshapes work

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:46:23 -0400

From: ThosStew () aol com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:56:18 EDT
Subject: Re: IP: California: technology reshapes work
To: farber () cis upenn edu

Dear Prof Farber:

An addendum to Chris Gulker's report of the UCSF/Field Institute study
showing that two our of three Californians don't have Mr. Cleaver regular
jobs: Baruch Lev, prof of accoutning at NYU, told me that on a recent visit
to Tel Aviv he noticed that the university phone directory provides three
columns under which faculty numbers are listed: "Home", "University", and
"Work". Further, he said, the "Work" listings are generally longer, with fax,
e-mail, mobile, etc.

Tom Stewart