Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: RE: Phone Companies Preparing to "Share" Personal Info

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:54:12 -0500

From: "Linda Stone" <lindas () microsoft com>
To: <farber () cis upenn edu>, <brett () lariat org>

Thank you for sending this email, Brett and David.

Just want you to know what happened to me when I followed the steps below.

First, I called the toll free number. I was able to enter my phone number. After waiting less than a minute, I got a recording indicating that I had been disconnected. This happened with each of the three attempts I made. Next, I went to the website noted below. I entered the information. When I clicked submit, I got an HTTP 502 proxy error/this page cannot be displayed.