Interesting People mailing list archives

Spectrum Policy: Property or Commons?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 12:12:58 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>

At 18:07 -0800 12/7/02, Lawrence Lessig wrote:
We're planning a gig to frame the commons/property debate at Stanford. See
<http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/spectrum/>

In addition to a technical and market overview, we will have (1) a panel of
property types criticize a commons paper, (2) a panel of commons types
criticize a property paper, and (3) a "moot court" where the two will be
presented to a panel of judges that will include Powell, Judge Kozinski,
Harold Demsetz (an economist, and the Coase stand in), and possibly Senator
Boxer. (Coase originally agreed to participate in this, but has since
declined because of health).

More details to come, but sign up for the information list so I don't have
to spam this list anymore!

-----
Lessig
Stanford Law School