Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Undeclared wars - by Thomas Sowell

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:21:10 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed () reed com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:51:44 -0500
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject:Undeclared wars - by Thomas Sowell

The thing that really burns me about Sowell's article is that he
conflates France's objection to war on Iraq with the idea that terrorists
make war on the US.

Only in the United States with its government controlled news agencies
CNN and Fox could it be plausible for an educated man like Sowell to
conclude that Iraq and "terrorists" are the same thing.

As far as I know, France fights terrorists alongside the US with the same
zeal we do.

-- Dave