Interesting People mailing list archives

more on What the WSIS argument (doesn't) mean

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:07:39 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: jean_camp <jean_camp () harvard edu>
Date: October 14, 2005 11:35:03 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on What the WSIS argument (doesn't) mean

Which bunch of evil bullies - those UN High Commission of Refugees, those Dutch blue helmets who died trying to stop genocide in Rawanda, and those with decades of service of UNICEF?

Certainly there are elements of corruption but we can not hold the American corporate, not for profit, or federal government as ideals. This kind of comment dismisses the armies of people who work across the globe for compassion, the unarmed NGO participants that have higher death rates than soldiers. I might be in my comfy chair but I have at least the decency to respect those that have left such comforts behind. (I feel the same about condemnations of soldiers for leader's failures.)

Supporting ICANN does not require dismissal of UNICEF. To be willing to undermine the work of the UN to avoid the work of firing a brain cell is shameless, beyond pandering.

regards,
Jean
who will be doing trick or treat for UNICEF as a pirate. ARRRRRRRR