Interesting People mailing list archives

Big thanks to IP for Futurists; separate "open source" comedy book release]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 19:33:29 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Big thanks to IP for Futurists; separate "open source" comedy book release
Date:   Mon, 06 Feb 2006 19:03:04 -0500
From:   Baratunde <baratunde () baratunde com>
To:     dave () farber net

1. Futurists

Dave and all the wonderful people on this list. WOW! I never imagined the response I would get from my query for "futurists" and have been quite overwhelmed. To all who replied, thank you!! I will be in touch as soon as I can finish wading through the emails. The list name "IP" is most definitely well-deserved and earned.

2. a free "open source" comedy book. mine

On a separate note, I have finished my second book and decided to release it for no money whatsoever. I've been inspired by the more liberal licensing policies adopted by various software companies and, increasingly, musicians and bloggers.

you can get it here:
http://www.baratunde.com/blog/archives/2006/02/announcing_my_f.html

The book is part of a series called "MoJo Quarterly." The title of this one is, of course:
KEEP JERRY FALWELL AWAY FROM MY OREO COOKIES

It contains seven essays plus over 100 of my best news jokes.

The book is released under a Creative Commons license, allowing you to pass it on or create derivative works as long as you credit me.

I repeat. It costs NOTHING.

grab it from
http://www.baratunde.com/blog/archives/2006/02/announcing_my_f.html <http://www.baratunde.com/blog/archives/2006/02/announcing_my_f.html>

peace.

--
http://www.baratunde.com
- baratunde

download the book, read the blog, catch a show, listen to the podcast!