Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Was the 2004 election stolen? No. | Salon.comNews

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 01:55:38 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Steven Hertzberg <stevenstevensteven () gmail com>
Date: June 3, 2006 9:02:15 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: "'Randall'" <rvh40 () insightbb com>
Subject: RE: [IP] more on Was the 2004 election stolen? No. | Salon.comNews

From: Steven Hertzberg <stevenstevensteven () gmail com>

The results in Ohio and the Exit Poll have been thoroughly examined.

From: Randall [mailto:rvh40 () insightbb com]

Really?  How?  Edison/Mitofsky hasn't released the poll data, have they?
(If they have, Kathy Dopp of USCOUNTVOTES didn't know about it yesterday,
and she tends to keep up with this issue).

<SH> E/M released the Ohio exit poll data only to ESI so that we could
provide an independent analysis of the exit poll result, which we released
at a convention of statisticians in Miami in May 2005.  We were able to
obtain this data without compromising the privacy of the voter, which was the issue preventing the release of the precinct level exit poll data, by
using a technique known as statistical blurring.  Kathy Dopp is aware of
ESI's report.

Steven