Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Call for "ISP Point of Contact" Database for Neutrality "Event" Concerns

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 00:50:48 -0700

From: Tim Pozar [pozar () lns com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:09 PM
To: David Farber
Cc: ip; lauren () vortex com
Subject: Re: [IP] Call for "ISP Point of Contact" Database for Neutrality "Event" Concerns

Lauren...

There are tools for InterISP communications.  One of the first tools I
reach for is the VoIP phone system that connects many ISP NOC facilities
together that is administrated by Packet Clearing House (www.pch.org).
It is meant for ISPs (ASNs) to call each other with regard to technical
issues such as BGP session issues, etc.  You can see details of this
system at:

        http://www.pch.net/inoc-dba/

You may also want to look at www.peeringdb.org where ISP contact info
for peering and tech support is centralized and kept up by each ISP.

Additionally, on more of a social level, building up my relationships
within the NANOG and ARIN communities aids greatly in my effectiveness
in working with other ISPs.

Tim