Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: trying to understand the business model for

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:51:33 -0400

I agree. I use Splashmoney on my iphone for that reason

Begin forwarded message:

From: Scott Brim <swb () employees org>
Date: August 27, 2008 11:21:51 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:   trying to understand the business model for

From: "Matthew Tarpy" <tarpy () tarpify com>

It's an interesting concept, I like the thought of a personalized portal
that shows your sensitive info (account balances, bills due, etc)...

The issue here is where to bring all that information together -- under
whose security and at what layer.  There is no reason why this
information needs to be unified in an application running at some
barely-trusted third party.  It can be brought together in an
application on your personal device(s) and presented to your eyes in a
unified way, or at least unified on a server where you have control of
the software doing the unification.