Interesting People mailing list archives

BEST LAW MONAY CAN BUY -- Senate votes Telecom immunity

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:12:24 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jonathan Ezor <jezor () tourolaw edu>
Date: February 12, 2008 4:54:16 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] BEST LAW MONAY CAN BUY -- Senate votes Telecom immunity

What an incredible disgrace. I am appalled that particularly the Democratic majority in the Senate is giving a pass to potential illegal conduct by the telecom companies, and therefore implicitly endorsing the many breaches of the Constitution and other laws by the Bush Administration in the alleged name of "homeland security." While I would not be surprised to see President Bush use his pardon power to undo any resulting convictions, to retroactively immunize these companies from even the potential for prosecution is not only
damaging to the rule of law, but makes it less likely that the American
people will ever be able to truly find out how many of our civil liberties
have been trampled upon.  {Jonathan}

Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
Assistant Professor of Law and Technology
Director, Institute for Business, Law and Technology (IBLT)
Touro Law Center
225 Eastview Drive, Central Islip, NY  11722
Direct: 631-761-7119  Fax: 516-977-3001
e-mail: jezor () tourolaw edu