Interesting People mailing list archives

a personal rant on Apple and their customer nasty behavior

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:57:42 -0700

I went to my local apple store to see about getting a new iPhone (and giving my old one to my son). Last week was a zoo
and so today the line was short-- maybe 15 people. So I asked about coming back latter. They said that even now the
line would talke 2 hrs !!! and that even if I was on the line they could not assure me that there would be a unit
available at the end of 2 hours.

Maybe that leads to good PR with newspapers and photos but I am pissed . They make computers and online systems  don't
they. Even the museums  know how to handle  crowd -- assigned times and "inventory control or just handing out tickets
for "seats".

Why oh why do I deal with these people. As soon as there is real competition I don't intend to .

By the way, the people in the store are GREAT and friendly, they are doing what they were told to do not what they
would do if left alone.

Dave