Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: a personal rant on Apple and their customer nasty behavior

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:17:46 -0700

From: Alan [alan () clueserver org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:12 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] a personal rant on Apple and their customer nasty behavior

I went to my local apple store to see about getting a new iPhone (and
giving my old one to my son). Last week was a zoo and so today the line
was short-- maybe 15 people. So I asked about coming back latter. They
said that even now the line would talke 2 hrs !!! and that even if I was
on the line they could not assure me that there would be a unit available
at the end of 2 hours.

I am seeing the same lines at the Apple store in Portland, Oregon.  I
don't have the time to play such games. I don't know many people who can.
(I get irritated if I have to spend more than 15 minutes in line at the
bank.)

I plan on waiting for Google Android or get the OpenMoko.  (Being able to
write code for my phone is a big plus for me.)