Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Addams Family or Ned Flanders? The FCC Internet Censorship Battle Heats Up

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:20:03 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Robert J Berger <rberger () ibd com>
Date: October 14, 2008 11:10:05 AM EDT
To: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Cc: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [Dewayne-Net] Addams Family or Ned Flanders? The FCC Internet Censorship Battle Heats Up

So who is organizing an effort to get Congress and/or the courts to shut this down before it goes any further? This has to be the stupidest idea I have heard of in a long time and completely inappropriate at so many levels.

On the other hand, we could let it go thru, get some stupid VCs and investors pour money into the auctions which will help the Federal deficit (a tiny bit) as this will never generate an ROI for the investors and it will shut down in a few years. Its technically, politically and economically unsound.

Rob