Interesting People mailing list archives

re: Microsoft's "Cloudburst" - Spectacular Data Loss Drowns Sidekick Users

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:29:23 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ronald J Riley (RJR)" <rjr () rjriley com>
Date: October 11, 2009 15:37:56 EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: FW: [IP] Microsoft's "Cloudburst" - Spectacular Data Loss Drowns Sidekick Users

To what degree is Cloud media hype to con users into paying for services which they can handle on their own computers with much less exposure and at
far lower cost.

A number of software suppliers have long had visions of turning the
functions handled by software into subscription services where the client
pays, and pays until hell freezes over.  It will be a cold day in hell
before I agree to that business model and even colder before I let them
control my data.

Ronald J. Riley,

I am speaking only on my own behalf.
Affiliations:
President - www.PIAUSA.org - RJR at PIAUSA.org
Executive Director - www.InventorEd.org - RJR at InvEd.org
Senior Fellow - www.PatentPolicy.org
President - Alliance for American Innovation
Caretaker of Intellectual Property Creators on behalf of deceased founder
Paul Heckel
Washington, DC
Direct (810) 597-0194 / (202) 318-1595 - 9 am to 8 pm EST.