Interesting People mailing list archives

does Apple have any idea what it's venders will do

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:32:20 -0400

after many painful times I managed to get an order for an Iphone 4 for delivery on June 24

I got a note from Apple and indeed a congratulations from an Apple rep saying that it would be delivered  early on the
23 rd.

I then got a email from Apple confirming that the 23 would be the day and to ignore the 24 th date and to make sure
some one would be there to sign for it.

Wel!!! I tracked the Fedex shipment and it arrived in Pittsburgh on the 22 nd and there it sits.

So I called Fedex and they said nonsense!!. Apple did not know what it was doing, Fedex will deliver on the 24 th.

Clearly I am annoyed that I had to arrange for someone to receive it but I am must more disturbed that Apple seems
either not to care how it's venders deal with it's customers or it is incompetent in dealing with them.

And don't tell me I can wait, that is not the issue. It is it is time for Apple to grow up.

Dave