Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Security exec picked for board

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 02:56:40 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Meritt James <meritt_james () bah com>

Think of it as job security for IS security professionals...

See also the article at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6460-2002Jan6.html

InfoSec News wrote:

Forwarded from: Jay D. Dyson <jdyson () treachery net>

[snip]

        I got twenty bucks right here that says that the first thing that
Schmidt will push is Microsoft's idiotic party line that demonizes both
Full Disclosure and Open Source, preferring instead a mandate of closed
source stupidity in which information on attack methodologies are kept to
an exclusive cabal that doesn't always have our best interests at heart.

        In short, we are not just doomed, we're as good as dead.

--
James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.